Our daily guaranteed departure bus tour will take you to visit Mutianyu Great Wall and Ming Tombs. Mutianyu Great Wall is well-known among travelers for its breathtakingly beautiful scenery; Ming Tombs is where 13 emperors of the Ming Dynasty were buried. This daily join-in coach tour includes pick up drop off service, entrance fees to tourist spots, English speaking tour guide, air-con coach and Chinese lunch.
Tour Code: BC04
Price: USD30 per adult/USD15 per child under 1.2 meters
Duration: Approx. 8 hours
Pick-up point and time: Your hotel between 7:00am and 8:00am
Drop-off point and time: Your hotel around 6:00pm
Payment types: cash only
For weekends or nonworking time, please book the tour by calling our mobile 13331039261
Our tour guide will pick you up from your hotel between 7:00am and 8:00am, and then head north to the Ming Tombs (Dingling Tomb). Dingling Tomb is an underground mausoleum of Emperor Wan Li and the first royal tomb excavated in China. Buried here are three individuals; Emperor Wan-li (died 1620), Empress Wang (died 1620), and another Empress Wang (died 1611). The Emperor Wan-li reigned 48 years, longer than any Chinese Emperor since the Emperor Hanwu during the 2nd century B.C. Sightseeing on Ming Tombs last for 2 hours.
You will end the tour on Ming Tombs at about 11:00am, before having Chinese lunch, you will have a short visit to a Jade Carving Factory. Jade carving is a classic Chinese art and you will find various beautifully made jade handicrafts there.
After lunch, drive east to Mutianyu Great Wall. Mutianyu Great Wall is about 75km from Beijing. The section was first built in Northern Qi Dynasty (550-557) and served as the northern protective screen of the capital and imperial tombs. The Mutianyu Great Wall is relatively less commercialized and has undergone less restoration works. Standing on top of the wall allows for a panoramic view of the surrounding countryside and beautiful mountain views.
After that, you will have a short visit to enjoy Chinese traditional silk arts. then transfer you back to your hotel around 6:00pm, end of the tour
Mutianyu Great Wall Travel tips
1. Usually you will be picked up from your hotel or designated place at 7:00 a.m.-8:00 a.m.. Our tour guide will let you know the departure time in the evening before your travel date by phone or leaving a message to your hotel front desk. If you did not receive it, please call us back at 1333 1039 261. Please wait in the lobby on time when pick up.
2. You can make payment online in advance. Or pay cash when our guide pick up from your hotel, USD and RMB are both acceptable.
3. Spring and autumn are the best seasons to visit the Mutianyu Great Wall. The scenery is beautiful and it is not too hot, nor too cold. In winter, the Great Wall staff will sweep the snow away, but it still could be slippery on the wall, so please wear antiskid shoes and warm clothes.
4. Mutianyu is an ideal section if you travel with kids. Try to take the cable car (Optional for RMB80) up to tower 14, walk to tower 6, and then take the toboggan (Optional for RMB80) down from there. Kids will love it very much. It’s always a pleasant experience for a family.
5. All tourist buses can not stop at the parking lot at foot of the Mutianyu Great Wall but have to stop at a new parking lot a few kms away from the entrance gate. All visitors need to take shuttle bus to the tourist spot and the round way shuttle bus ticket is RMB15 per person, which is not included in the tour price.
6. Please click here to learn more travel tips of Mutianyu Great Wall.
1. English speaking tour guide;
3. Air-conditioned coach with experienced driver.
1. Entrance tickets
2. Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
3. Air-conditioned tour coach
4. English speaking tour guide
5. Chinese lunch
1. Shuttle bus ticket price of the Mutianyu Great Wall
2. Cable car
3. Tips to the guide and driver
Tel: +86 1333 1039 261 (9:00 am—5:30 pm)
Skype ID: intochinatravel