No one goes to Beijing without visiting the Great Wall! And among several famous Great Wall sections, Mutianyu Great Wall (Mù tián yù chángchéng 慕田峪长城) is the best choice. This section is relatively remote, less touristy and less crowded. Mutianyu section not only shows the true majesty of the Great Wall, but also offers unique natural scenery. Our daily departure join tour includes pick-up and drop off, English speaking tour guide, entrance ticket and Chinese lunch. This is a completely non-shopping Great Wall tour with affordable price.
Tour code: BC12
Price: USD40 per person
Duration: Approx.8 hours
Pick-up point and time: Your hotel between 7:00am and 8:00am
Finishing point and time: Your hotel around 5:00pm
Picking up area: Hotel or apartment within 2nd ring road, for places beyond 2nd ring road in Beijing, please contact our trip advisors for the details.
For weekends or nonworking time, please book the tour by calling mobile 13331039261
Our tour guide will pick you up from your hotel at about 7:00 am. Then drive directly to Mutianyu Great Wall, which is located in Huairou County, around 75 km northeast of Beijing.
The Mutianyu Great Wall was constructed on the basis of Beiqi Great Wall’s ruins. The construction work started under the supervision of the General Xu Da from 1368 and went on for more than 100 years. This section is well-known for its breath-taking beautiful scenery and being less crowded.
You will arrive at Mutianyu Great Wall about 9:30 am. The round way trip involves a 6 km trek, lasting about 3 hours, over a string of 22 watchtowers. The hiking will finish around 1:30 pm, Then have Chinese lunch, after that, transfer back to your hotel in Beijing around 5:00pm.
1. Travelers will be picked up from hotel at 7:00 a.m.-8:00 a.m.. If you stay in an apartment, please find a nearby hotel as your pickup point. Our guide will let you know starting time you by phone or leaving a message to your hotel in late evening before the tour. If you can not receive it, please call us back on 1333 1039 261.
2. Tourists can either make payment online via Paypal or pay cash to tour guide when pick up from hotel, Both USD and RMB are acceptable.
3. The best time to visit Mutianyu section is spring and autumn, as the weather isn’t too cold nor too muggy, air clarity is crystalline.
4. Cable car is optional for RMB80 single way, and toboggan is also worth to try at cost of RMB80 for single way.
1. Only English-speaking travelers in the coach;
2. Well- trained English-speaking tour guide;
3. No shopping stops
1. Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
2. Air-conditioned tourist coach
3. Entrance tickets to the Great Wall
4. English-speaking tour guide
5. Typical Chinese lunch
6. Shuttle bus fee within the scenic spot
1. Cable car
2. Tips to the guide and driver
Tel: +86 1333 1039 261
Skype ID: intochinatravel
Mutianyu Great Wall Map (click the map to enlarge)