Chenjiabao Great Wall is one of the most beautiful section of the wild Great Walls around Beijing which is never restored and less tourists. It is located in Huailai County, Zhangjiakou, Hebei Province, about 85 kms from Beijing. The highest sea level is about 1280 meters. This two days tour departs from Beijing at noon time and you will hike the wall, stay overnight in tent, have a bonfire and barbecue on the wall, it will be a fantastic experience for your China trip.
Tour Code: BC13
Departure: Daily ( April – October )
Duration: 2 Days
Minimum: 4 adult pax (Please check the availability with us in advance. )
Price: USD160/adult, USD80/child under 1.2 meters
Departure time: 12:30 at noon
Finishing time: 12:00 at noon next day
Hiking Time : Day 1=3 hours ,Day 2= 2 hours
Includes: tent, sleeping bag, mat, one lunch, one breakfast, barbecue and bonfire, round trip transportation, entrance fee, English speaking guide.
Picked you up from your downtown hotel within the Third Ring Road in Beijing and depart around 12:30 at noon. It is a 2-hour drive to the Chenjiabao Great Wall. You will be arranged to have typical Chinese lunch at a local villager’s farmhouse. After lunch, hike on the Chenjiabao Great wall. This section is wild, ruined and original. When it’s getting dark, we walk back to the towers on the wall and camp in a tent for overnight. ( please note: two people share one tent anyone who wants to stay in a single tent need single supplement RMB200/pax). Enjoy the bonfire and barbecue on the wall (snacks/chicken/fruits/beers/lamb).
In the morning, you will have a chance to watch the sunrise over the wall (if the weather is clear) at around 6:00 a.m. and then get ready to climb down the mountain at 8:00 a.m. As the Chinese saying goes: Easy to Climb up and difficult to Climb down. It is a bit hard for you to walk down the steep mountain from this wall. Usually you have to hold your hands on rocks, roots and bushes for balance. After climbing down the mountain, head to farmhouse for breakfast at 9:00a.m. Then return to your hotel in Beijing.
1. Don’t forget to bring a mobile phone, water, hiking boots, sunscreen, sun-glasses, insect repellent, cap and some snacks etc.
2. Stay overnight on the wall with no toilets, no electricity and no plumbing (flashing lights will be provided).
3. Noise, vandalism, graffiti and litter are not allowed on the wall.
4. If any possibility of thunder, lightening or heavy rain ( possible in July and August – Rainy Season in Beijing ), the camping will be cancelled and campers are re-arranged to stay in a local farmhouse at the foot of Great Wall.
5. Please make sure you have good fitness level for hiking and camping on the wall.
6. You are strongly advised to purchase your personal accident insurance from your native country before you leave for China.
7. The supplement of single occupancy tent is RMB200/pax.
8. The deadline of reservation is 1 day prior to travel.
1. One-night stay in a tent in a tower on the wall
2. One breakfast, one lunch and one dinner ( barbecue and bonfire ) as listed
3. Air conditioned vehicle with experienced driver
4. Entrance fee to the Great Wall
5. English speaking tour guide
1. Tips to drivers and guides
2. Personal expenses
Tel: +86 1333 1039 261 (9:00 am—5:30 pm)
Skype ID: intochinatravel